·10th International Summer School on Geometry, Mechanics and Control
20-24 June 2016
The tenth edition of the International Summer School on Geometry, Mechanics and Control will be held in La Cristalera, Madrid, Spain, in June 20-24, 2016.
The school is oriented to young researchers, Ph.D. and postdoctoral students in Mathematics, Physics and Engineering, in particular those interested in focusing their research on geometric control and its applications to mechanical and electrical systems, and optimal control. It is intended to present an up-to-date view of some fundamental issues in these topics and bring to the participants attention some open problems, in particular problems related to applications. This year the courses will be delivered by:
- John Bailleul, Boston University, United States of America.
The interplay between topology, geometry and information theory.
Lecture 1: Video Data and the Inverse Perception Problem in Animal Flight Behaviors.
Lecture 2: Bio-inspired Flight Control — What we learn from bats and birds.
Lecture 3: Topological Data Analytics.
Lecture 4: Topological Aspects of Optimal Information Acquisition.
- Luis García Naranjo, Instituto de investigaciones en matemáticas aplicadas y sistemas, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico.
- Janusz Grabowski, Institute of Mathematics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland.
This School is an activity within the ICMAT Severo Ochoa Excellence Program.
See More at: http://gmcnet.webs.ull.es/?q=node/1656
XXV Fall International Workshop on Geometry and Physics
29 August- 2 September
The Fall Workshops on Geometry and Physics have been held yearly since 1992, and bring together Spanish and Portuguese geometers and physicists, along with an ever increasing number of participants from outside the Iberian peninsula. The meetings aim to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas between researchers of different fields in Differential Geometry, Applied Mathematics and Physics, and always include a substantial number of enthusiastic young researchers amongst the participants.
- Manuel Asorey Carballeira (Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain)
- Peter W. Michor (Universität Wien, Austria)
Two intro courses to the mini-courses will be provided on Monday afternoon:
– Introduction to infinite dimensional differentiable manifolds by P. W. Michor.
– Introduction to quantum field theory by M. Asorey.
- Gianluca Calcagni (IEM-CSIC, Spain)
- Marius Crainic (University of Utrecht, The Netherlands)
- Miguel Domínguez Vázquez (ICMAT-CSIC, Spain)
- François Gay-Balmaz (CNRS-École Normale Supérieure, Paris, France)
- Eva Miranda Galcerán (Universidad Politécnica de Cataluña, Spain)
- Paul K. Townsend (DAMTP, University of Cambridge, UK)
- Patrizia Vitale (Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Italy)
- Ivan Yudin (Universidade de Coimbra, Portugal)
A list of previous editions of the workshop and links to their home pages can be found in